I wish to practice medicine with a holistic and proactive approach in Ophthalmic Plastic, Dacryology and Ocular Oncology. I am passionate about patient care and teaching. I am looking forward to join an institute with similar objectives to help and serve patients in the best manner.
Eyelid and Aesthetics surgery (Simple and complex Eyelid reconstruction, Ptosis surgery, Biepharoplasty, Tumor excision , Entropion/Ectropion, Brow lift, Trauma, Mini face lift, Congenital coloboma and other eyelid deformities)
Botox for Hemifacial spasm, Benign essential blepharospasm. Cosmetic eyelid and facial indications
Fillers for tear trough deformity, wrinkles around eyes and forehead/face
Lacrimal (Endoscopic endonasal DCR, Septoplasty. Pediatric lacrimal probing with endoscopic guidance. Punctal/Canalicular diseases. Minimonoka for canalicular laceration, Endoscopic DCR in Acute dacryocystitis, Congenital lacrimal disorders, Centurion syndrome, Botox for symptomatic epiphora)
Thyroid eye disease (Eyelid deformity correction, Upper lid blepharotomy. Levator recession. Orbital decompression including fat and bony decompression. Customized Approach for thyroid eye disease. Medical management for appropriate cases)
Orbit (Orbitotomy: Transconjunctival, Lateral Orbitotomy, Minimally invasive Orbitotomy with hidden scar approach)
Oncology (Excision of small and large eyelid tumor with reconstruction with Flaps/Grafts. Conjunctival tumor excision, Nevus excision, Management and OSSN and intraocular tumors)
Orbit fracture repair (Floor, lateral and medial wall). Zygoma repair with plating and screws
Anophthalmic Socket reconstruction, Contracted socket management and surgeries (Mucus membrane graft, fornix forming sutures. Dermis fat graft, Secondary implant)
Enucleation / Evisceration
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
6 yrs, Clinical and teaching experience post M.S. in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery 10 yrs, Clinical experience post M.B.B.S in Ophthalmology
- February 2015 – 10th August 2015: Consultant, Perfect Vision Eye Hospital, Faridabad
- January 2013 – December -2014: Longterm Fellowship in Opthalmic Plastic Surgery, Kallam Anji Reddy Campus, LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad
- September – December 2012: Consultant, Opthalmic Plastic Surgery, ICARE Eye Hospital, Noida
- August 2009-2012: Senior Resident: Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Unit, Guru Nanak
- Eye Centre, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India
- June 2006-2009, MS Opthalmology Student: Guru Nanak Eye Centre, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India. Passed in 2009
- July-1999 – March, 2005: MBBS Student, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India, Passed in 2005
- Diplomate of National Board (Opthalmology) – Passed in 2010
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS:
- Kamal S, Kaliki S, Mishra DK, Batra J, Naik MN. Ocular Surface Squamous Neoplasia in 200 Patients: A Case-Control Study of Immunosupression Resulting from Human Immunodeficiency Virus versus Immunocompetency. Ophthalmology 2015 [Epub ahead of print]
- Kamal S, Ali MJ, Gupta A, Naik MN Lacrimal and nasal masqueradas of congenital nasolacrimal duct obstructions: etiology, management, and outcomes. Int Opthalmol. 2015 Feb [Epub ahead of print].
- Kamal S, Ali MJ, Ali MH, Naik MN Fourier domain optical coherence tomography with 3D and En Face imaging of the punctum and vertical canalicus. A step towards establishing a normative database. Accepted in Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg (In print)
DR. MOHAN HAS HELD VARIOUS IMPORTANT POSITIONS SUCH AS:
- Secretary, Ophthalmic Research Association, Dr. RP Centre, AIIMS (1985)
- Member, Scientific Committee, All India Ophthalmological Society (1996-99)
- Joint Secretary, Delhi Ophthalmological Society (1998-2001)
- Member, Executive Committee, Delhi Ophthalmological Society (1991-93)
- Member, Managing Committee, All India Ophthalmological Society
- Member, Scientific Committee, All India Ophthalmological Society
- Jt. Secretary, Eye Bank Association of India (Current)
- Hony. Secretary, Indian Society of Cornea & Keratoplastic Surgeons (Current)
- He was recently elected as the Vice- President, Delhi Ophthalmological Society (Current)
Dacryocystorhinostomy, and correlation and anatomical patency. APAO-AIOS, 17-20, January, 2012. Free paper , OB-FP01, Hyderabad India.
17. Kumar S, Bansal S, Goel R, Kamal S, Bodh SA, Nagpal S, Results of lacrimal trephination in the management of common canalicular block, APAO-AIOS, 17-20 January, 2012 E-Poster EP-1039. Hyderabad, India
CHAPTER IN TEXTBOOK:
- Kamal S, Ali Mj, Gauba V. Congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction. Principal and practice of lacrimal surgery. Springer 2014.
- Kamal S, Ali Mj. Primary acquired nasolacrimal duct obstruction and secondary acquired nasolacrimal duct obstruction. Principles and practice of lacrimal surgery. Springer 2014.
- Kumar S, Kamal S Modern Intraocular lenses. In: Malik KPS. Goel R (ed) Manual of small incision cataract surgery. 2nd Edition CBS publishers, New Delhi, pp 137-47.
Published by the All India Ophthalmological Society, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi. – Mar-Apr 2008.
- Dr. A. C. Agarwal Trophy for Best Free Paper Presentation Session –I, Annual Delhi Opthalmological Society. 2010, New Delhi
- Case presentation in monthly clinical meeting, which was Awarded Dr. Bodh Raj Sabharwal Trophy Institution for Holding Best Monthly Clinical Meeting, Guru Nanak Eye Centre, 2011.
- Best Poster Presentation, Oculoplastic Society Meeting, 2012, Amritsar.
- Best Free Paper Session – 5 (Oculoplasty), Annual Delhi Ophthalmological Society, 2012, New Delhi.
- Best Free Paper Session (Oculoplasty), Annual Delhi Ophthalmological Society, 2015, New Delhi
- Best Poster Presentation, Annual Delhi Opthalmological Society, 2015, New Delhi
PARTICIPATION IN STATE (DELHI) OPTHALMOLOGICAL SOCIETY
- Bilateral Inferomedial space occupying lesion. Presented as “case presentation” in Monthly clinical meeting, Delhi Opthalmological Society, Guru Nanak Eye Centre, New Delhi, 2011
- Wound closure in conventional ECCE. Presented at Annual Delhi Ophthalmological Society meeting 2010, New Delhi.
- Clinical case presentation – Lid Tumors, Presented at Delhi Ophthalmological Society teaching programme, 2010, New Delhi.
- Benign lid lesion. Presented at Delhi Opthalmological Society Oculoplasty Skill Transfer Workshop, 2010, New Delhi
- Kumar S, Dhama P, Kamal S. Orbital S.O.L: How close are we to clinical Diagnosis? Delhi Ophthalmological Society Times 2007: 13(5): 65-67.
- Kamal S. Goel R, Kumar S. Tiwari B. Dulgach P. Blepharophimosis syndrome – Major review. Del J Opthalmological 2010; 20(3); 7-14