How can I protect my eyes from diabetes?
Are you suffering from diabetes? There is a great chance for you to develop any eye related problem which would be the result of Diabetes. For starters, we can provide you with some care or cautions which you can take up to save your eyes in the coming years. If you are diabetic, these eye conditions may affect you – Diabetic Macular Edema (DME), cataract, glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy. All these conditions in common are prone to blindness and vision loss.
Diabetic retinopathy affects the blood vessels in the retina. The retina is the light-sensitive tissue that covers the eye’s back part. It is very commonly found in people suffering from diabetes and often leads to loss of vision or vision impairment. This also affects people of the working age and can, later on, lead to blindness.
- Diabetic Macular Edema (DME), this leads to the swelling of a part of the retina known as the macula.
- Cataract is the formation of cloud-like structure in the lens present in the eyes.
- Glaucoma damaged the eye’s optic nerve and is among the other diseases which affect the optic nerve severely.
For better care, keep these personal cares in mind.
- You must get your eyes examined once every year. This would help you keep track of all the problems your eye is likely to be exposed to. An ophthalmologist is to be noted down on your to-do lists.
- Increase in blood sugar can lead to a change in the shape of an eye’s lens. This may lead to a blurry vision and can move back to normal when the body is got rid of the excess sugar. Hence, it is a must to keep your blood sugar in maintenance.
- Maintaining a good amount of blood pressure and cholesterol level in your body is very good for your health. It also has several benefits with the eye and can help your eye fight a few diseases.
- You have to quit smoking to fewer the chances of getting any of the aforementioned diseases.
- Exercise is very necessary for overall health and also for your eye’s care. So, take some time off and cater it to exercise.
If you still suffer from any of the diseases, we have the best diabetes eye treatment in Delhi. We have the best eye surgeon in Delhi working for us. For more information contact us via our website or contact number.
Contact number: +91-11-29847700