Dr. Shaily Gupta
SICS, Phacoemulsification, Glaucoma surgeries and other ocular surgeri
- Name :Dr. Shaily Gupta
- Nationality : Indian
- Phone :011-29847700/7800/7900
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Reg. No. DMC :27273
- Branch of Specialization :SICS, Phacoemulsification, Glaucoma surgeries and other ocular surgeries
- Area of Special Training :Working in Apollo Hospital Sarita Vihar, Eye department since May 2010, presently as Consultant Eye
- Practicing in ophthalmology for about 12 years and Expert in SICS, Phacoemulsification, Glaucoma surgeries and other ocular surgeries.
- Have very good hand in surgeries and finish the procedures in short time.
- Fellow-ship in Phacoemulsification from I CARE, Noida
- 2005-2007 DNB (Ophthalmology) from Shroff Eye Centre, New Delhi.
- 2003-2005 DOMS from Pt. B.D. Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana.
- 1996-2002 MBBS from Pt. B.D. Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana.
- Working in Apollo Hospital Sarita Vihar, Eye department since May 2010, presently as Consultant Eye
- Worked as Senior Resident in ESI Hospital, Okhla, Eye department, New Delhi
- Worked as Consultant Ophthalmologist at Banarsidas Chandiwala Eye Centre, Kalkaji, Delhi
- Worked as Senior Resident in Batra Hospital eye department, New Delhi
- Conducted a thesis study involving 100 eyes at Shroff Eye centre to see the effect of Visx Star S4 Excimer Laser machine to correct the refractive errors by standardized and customized procedures
Residency in Ophthalmology- Skills acquired
Trained in Minor OT Procedures: Intravitreal injections, subconjunctival injections, I & C of chalazion, Foreign body removal (corneal, conjunctival),corneoscleral suture removal,syringing, styepuncture,fluorescein stain, debridement of ulcers, lid tear repairs.
- Trained in – Pterygium Excision, Corneoscleral tear repair, Cataract surgeries like ECCE, SICS and Phaco-emulsification, Trabeculectomy (glaucoma-surgery), dermoidremoval , probing, DCR, DCT.
- Extra Ocular surgeries: Assisted in –Squint surgeries, ptosis, entropion, ectropion, , lid coloboma repair,
- Trained in Techniques of ocular examinations & diagnostic techniques like: Slit lamp examination, Indirect Ophthalmoscopy, Direct ophthalmoscopy, Schiotz Tonometry, Applanation Tonometry, NCT, Subjective refraction, Lensometry, Keratometry, Perimetry, Retinoscopy, USG – A scan, B scan, ComputerisedAutorefractometer, Stenopic slit test, Pin hole test, Wave scan, Pentacam, Specular Microscope, IOL Master.
- OPD Cases : Diagnosis & Management of patients in different specialties like –
- Eyelids: Disorders of lashes, Infections, Cysts, Benign tumors, Malignant tumors, Ectropion, Entropion, Ptosis, Misc. Acquired & Congenital disorders.
- Conjunctiva: Infection, Inflammation, Degeneration, Pigmented lesions.
- Cornea : Keratitis, Peripheral corneal disorders, Corneal dystrophies, Corneal ectasias, Neuro-keratopathies, Keratoplasty
- Episclera& Sclera : Episcleritis, Scleritis
- Lens: Congenital & Acquired Cataract, Anomalies of lens shape, Ectopialentis.
- Uvea: Uveitis, Laser PI, Iris nodules.
- Intra Ocular Tumors: Retinoblastoma.
- Retina: Retinal detachment, DR, RVO, RAO, HR.
- Macula : ARMD, CSR, CMO
- Hereditary fundus dystrophies: Retinal &Choroidal Dystrophies.
- Orbit: Thyroid eye disease, Infections, Inflammation.
- Neuro Ophthalmology: Nystagmus, Optic atrophy, optic neuritis, Papilloedema, Pupillary reactions.
- Trauma: Eye lid trauma, Orbital fractures, Intra ocular foreign body, Chemical injuries.
- Lacrimal drainage system: Dry eye, Epiphora.
- Glaucoma: Primary open angle glaucoma, Primary angle closure glaucoma, Neovascular glaucoma, Lens related glaucoma, traumatic glaucoma.
Registration with Professional Bodies
- Registered with Delhi Medical Council
- Registered with Haryana Medical Council
- Life Membership of Delhi Ophthalmology Society and All India Ophthalmology Society
Extra co-curricular activities
- Outdoor sports like racing, javelin–throw, Indoor sports like carom, Quiz competitions, facing challenges like rifle training, music for relaxation. Participation in voluntary activities as in school health programs and pulse polio immunization campaigns when working as intern.
- Attended all annual and midyear DOS Conference since 2005 to till date.
- Attended North Zone Ophthalmological Conference at PGIMS Rohtak 2004.
- Excellent Organization skills with Good Clinical Acumen
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills
- Expert in preparing, designing and delivering scientific presentations